View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 05:27 AM   #15
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
WanderBC, Yes I have it in the front compartment where the generator is designed to go if you install one. I replaced the original battery box with a BlueSea box and put in two 6v Batteries. I still have enough room to install another box and add 2 batteries. Have not done that yet, maybe this year. We do not boondock except for the occasional overnight in the parking lot of Wally World. The 2 batteries are enough for us to run the Microwave for dinner and the TV for a few hours and still have plenty of power for the night. I installed the monitor in the hallway right next to the Montana Control Panel.

When I was a kid we had a 122s Wagon. It was either a 69 or 70. I don't remember. My folks loved that car. The only reason my dad got rid of it was the road salt back east ate thru the floor pans. He had some old road signs on the floors to cover the holes. He was afraid of losing one of us kids going down the road.

What is funny is when car shopping for my wife back in 98 she did not know what she wanted to do. So I stopped at a Volvo dealership just to see what they had to offer. She wanted nothing to do with it. By the time we left she was comparing the S70 to all the other cars we had already looked at as well as all the others we also looked at after the Volvo. Needless to say she wound up with the S70. Drove it 12 years. When I finished the bed for the Volvo 780 I wanted to drive it up on the back and get a photo of the 2 Volvos. My ramps are too steep (Which was a bummer because I also wanted to put our Nissan 350Z on it for some trips). When we decided we wanted to go the HDT/Jeep route over a dually my wife set her sights on Volvo again. We finally replaced her S70 this year with a S80. She loves that car!
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote