View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks martin
I really didn't know which one to get, I looked on the Internet for 2 days, printed out 1/4 ream of information on all types.
I wanted around a 3k Watt, Pure sine, UL approved for RV's. So many Inverters are not approved for RV's because of grounding issues, the Neutral and ground arrangement. There are so many 'shocks' because people have the wrong Inverter. I thought about an Inverter without charger, after all I have a good 3 stage charger in the converter, but to get all the features I wanted, I went with the Magnum.
The Trace DR series was one of the best ever made, I have had that in my home, it is a really good Inverter. They replaced it with another model, not as good. It is not a Pure sine unit.
I spoke with Randy at the Xantrex repair center in White House Tennessee for about 45 minutes. That tech knows his Inverters. He walked me through fixing my Trace DR2412.
I settled on the Magnum after studying it and finding out that the former Trace engineers designed it and started the Magnum brand. I will install everything if this Ice cube here in the Midwest ever thaws out.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote