View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
So far I'm using a "Level Mount" mount that quickly unlocks off of its male mount that will be screwed into the wall and the LCD will most likely ride on the bed along with the smaller bedroom one while traveling. Still awaiting Black Monday or something that changes come Monday. So far I'm leaning toward a 32 inch Panasonic Viera 1080P which brags great vision from any angle and the prices are getting cheaper by the day. A month ago they were $550 or so and are now down $125 and more. The finished pine was $10, the stain about $3 and the better brush was $10. Already cut two pieces of 19 x 6 x 1 for the spanning planks. I figured I wanted at least 12 inches of biting into the two 3 inch studs with screws to spread out the weight that will eventually sit in the exact middle. Have cut the 12 x 6 x 1 for the verticle center and thickening for the Level Mount mount to be able to bite into. Staining them to match the oak cabinets in the Montana today. I'm looking around here to see how to insert pictures into the code but haven't noticed it yet but I'm sure it's here since I see pictures in other posts. The best part of my woodwork is that it's basically behind the TV and not an issue. If you start looking yourself remember to subtract the weight of the stand you won't be using and add any weight using a heavy metal stand. I saw one stand that was 27 lbs itself.

G..
Guvner is offline   Reply With Quote