View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 05:41 AM   #3
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Welcome to MOC! Although I'm a relatively new member myself, I thought I'd give you a woman's point of view on your questions. ]

1. We have a 4x4 because it was on the truck when we bought it. We have had an occasion or two with the rig when we would have been up a creek without it, but since we spend November and December in the Kansas City area, there is always a possibility of needing it just to get from here to there.

2. We also have the 3295 (LOVE IT!!!)and we have a washer and dryer. When we started our retirement prep, I asked Steve where we could put a w/d in our 2880 or what kind of laundry baskets he preferred when he went to the laundromat.

I've talked to lots of people who prefer having the storage and/or the social inter-action of laundromats/cg laundry room. I just prefer having my own w/d and being able to do laundry in my jammies, if I want. And, on days like today (cold!), I don't have to go outside at all.

We've had two instances in the last 20 months (since we started full-timing) that I've had to use the cg's laundry facilities and, judging from what I had to pay at those, I'm sure our w/d have probably paid for themselves by now. (Plus, at one of those cgs, I had to deal with a not-so-nice woman who had left her clothes in the only two washers. That's another +++ to having a w/d in your rig ... you don't have to deal with that kind of problem!)

Anyway, it all comes down to personal preference. Whatever you decide, I'm sure if you go for the 3295, you'll love it.

Have fun!!!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote