View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #35
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
In Connecticut you can go from one town/city to another and the price will differ. There is no set standard.If you live in a poorer county or section of the state
the price is less so it appears that someone is setting the price according to income of the area it is being sold in. I am sure it occurs in all the states.Taxes set by the state have a lot to do with the pricees too. If heading south I will not fill up in Ct. but once we hit New Jersey I fill up because it far less there.
Everybody has brought up reasons why we pay so much for fuel and many of the reasons,I'm sure never occured to most of us, but together they make a lot of sense and gives us a better understanding of why the price of gas/diesel is the price it is. To me it's a new insight however I still have to question that bugs the heck our of me and that is: WHY is the profit from these fuel companies so damn high????? We all know that some of the profits go into certain pockets etc. etc.
but even with that being considered don't you think that with such exorbitant profits that there might be a hint of over charging?
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote