View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #15
KiwiRVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9832
Update: We finally "picked up" our new Mountaineer. It was collected from the factory by our delivery agent Fox RV in Middlebury, IN and my wife and I, having picked up our new truck in GA last Monday and driven to Middlebury, IN,finally saw the Mountaineer for the first time on Tuesday. We have spent the last 3 days living in at Fox RV in Middlebury as our registration plates had not come through so we were unable to move it. We are now on our way back to NZ having still not towed the Mountaineer anywhere but having thoroughly enjoyed the process of moving in and starting to set it up for our six months in it starting early May. We left it at Fox RV who will store it until we get back. I cannot praise Larry Fox and his team highly enough for their assistance with the PDI and familiarisation process. There was only one problem we found in the first 3 days, the landing gear motor had a problem and Fox RV had it replaced within 24 hrs.

During the time we were in Middlebury we also visited the factory in Goshen and had a "private" tour where we got to see the Montana's being built. It reinforced our decision to purchase the Mountaineer with several features, seen and unseen clearly of better construction or quality than is evident in many other brands.

My only criticism would be that the finishing off process was a little haphazard with a few minor scratches here and there and plenty of dust and shavings in odd places that had not been fully cleaned up.

Will let you know how we find it when we finally get "on the road" in May.

Craig
KiwiRVer is offline   Reply With Quote