Thread: Slide Problem
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #33
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
Greg,

Norco Industries just returned my call,

The big slides are not on rollers but wear bars that should never wear out. It is normal for them to sound somewhat laboring when extending. Should lessen when some momentum is evident.

The high torque motors on the large slides have a different pitch and are more efficient when running in one direction than the other. I can attest to this as mine sounds rough going out and much better when retracting. If you're still not satisfied you could check the voltage where it should be about 10.5 volts but didn't have the amps when under a full load. You can flip the motor over where they said the pitch and efficiency will do the reverse proving that theory.

About the slide leaning (especially in yours) they said the bottom cables could possibly be too tight where they are fighting against each other... He said we could try jacking up the slide back to level supporting with a 2 X 4 or 2 X 6 at the corners then check the cables and adjust as necessary.

Cables should be snug but not so tight you can play the banjo. Remember.... these cables are a give and take system... as you tighten one cable the coresponding other must be loosened. Once properly adjusted they claim no further adjustment will ever be needed.

I think if I can find someone who is knowledgeable about these slides.... my issues would be solved... I don't believe I have a defect but more of an adjustment issue that none of the dealers here are familiar with... The trailer is stored for the winter now so in the spring I'm going to find someone who knows these slide systems..... Norco even gave me their number to call if need be in the spring.

I hope this helps.
08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote