Thread: Slide Problem
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #30
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
Quote:
quote:I have had my cables adjusted and 3 replaced. Two because they were starting to fray and one because it snapped. They were able to adjust it a little as well on mine but it still is not right. I even have one cable so loose when the slide is out that i can move it up and down about 6" in both directions and knock it out of the holder when washing the trailer. Once again ZERO answers from the dealer. Thats normal. Well its not normal I even sent them the BAL videos etc. They just look at me like i am a picky stupid customer. Lucky for me i did not have to pay anything for the adjustment out of pocket. HOWEVER now that I am out of the warranty I am going to have to. I wish i lived close to the factory because i would drive it up there and have them look at it. I still might decide to take my summer vacation in Oregon.

Anyway I feel your pain. It does not leak, and I will use it till it stops i guess.

On another note with the slides my top seas are starting to get sticky and splitting and disintegrating.
Wonderful! Do you mean the cable is loose like this picture? http://i44.tinypic.com/2ica3ur.jpg This is the top right corner after the adjustment... I think I could see it in your picture as well at the top.

I like Bingo's idea and go right to the source... Perhaps it is because the large slides we're having the issues with is like he says... a problem with the rollers.... Not enough rollers for the size? I dunno?

All of our other slides work great...

lol... Maybe we'll bump into each other in Oregon next summer...
08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote