View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 02:23 PM   #16
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
The ultimate resposibility is not the salesman but the INFORMED buyer. Even if you are lucky and find that 'right' knowledgible sales person, you, the buyer, still needd to decide what packages and other options you need/want. I haven't been that lucky to have found the 'right' salesman --- and possibly one reason I'm still driving a 2011 truck, built in mid 2010 and soon to be 10 years old. It still does the job, still runs great and still gets compliments on its condition at 125,000 miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODY View Post
Whichever vehicle you choose - make sure once you have selected a vehicle that you check the sticker on the drivers door for the proper GVW’s. DO NOT TRUST the sales person. Not that they might be just trying to sell you what they have in stock but unless the sales person deals in daily fleet sales their knowledge of GVW’s & towing could be very limited. Do not discover after your purchase you don’t have enough truck! Trucks all look the same - it’s what’s under the skin that matters! Check the GVW on the door!
I don't disagree with either one of these posts. BUT, when you look at the eye chart that is the Ford towing guide, which, BTW, is probably the best one out there, there is NO indication what options couple up with which TOWING options to make the combinations. The GVW isn't always the clearest either.

I would be totally peeved if as an INFORMED buyer, I spec'ed out what I wanted (needed), and I got the truck in, and the door said something different than I was anticipating.

I'll start a new thread this evening with the information that I have that doesn't make a lot of sense (at least to me)...
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote