View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 04:07 PM   #10
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
At my first job out of college, I worked for a window company that is now owned by Lippert.

The weep holes are there to let ANY water out that may get into the window. The RV windows (at least back in the day) were designed to actually keep out water as much as possible, but were also designed to be able to handle water leaking thru the seals, and ultimately out the weep holes.

During a simulated rain test, I've actually seen windows with water standing in the channels, and still taking on water, but all of the water is draining out of the weep holes.

RV windows are different than stick windows. When RV windows are installed properly, while they may take on water, they shouldn't actually leak into the unit...

Oh yea, LOL. You should have been in our unit at a beach campground in Maryland mid October. For 7 of the 14 day trip the wind was blowing 50+ mph. Then it monsooned with the wind. Water filled up the channels and was literally blowing through the window into the camper on to the dinning table. We gave up and closed the slides and went out to get some refreshments.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote