View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 02:23 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rich, you might consider a Visa or MasterCard for fuel purchases, one of those that give you a percentage rebate for fuel purchases. We use an AT&T MasterCard for fuel purchases. If we happen to use a hotel, like when we had a family emergency and flew to San Diego, we'll use it for that, as well, since it also rebates on hotel/motel stays and some other things. We pay this card off every month. I check every three or four months to see how much rebate I have coming (they also occasionally email me this info) and I'll tell them to send me a check. The max they will rebate in any 12 month period is $300. Our "year" is up the end of this month and I think we'll nudge that max. There are other cards that do the same thing.

We carry another card, a Visa, that's used for online purchases only. We don't want our debit card number on the internet. We also pay this one off monthly. Then we have our bank card, a debit card that can also act as a Visa card.

We rarely use cash. Maybe for very small purchases. When we are low on cash, we get more cash at our next Walmart purchase. If we use our bank card as a debit card we can get $100 (or less) cash back in your change. If we need more than that, we split our items and Vicki goes to one register and I go to another and we both get cash back.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote