View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 05:51 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Great replies guys..the info helps a lot. We live in Northern Ohio and will be following the Sun Oct/Nov to March/April. Fla/Texas/Arz we will try all three. We are accustomed to a certain life style and will not downgrade much as I am sure none of you have.Because of long range planning and a lot of good luck we will not have truck or Rv payments.They will both be new and paid for truck already in 05, Rv in 06 same with any Home mortgage and if we sell the house all the $ will be ours. As with most of you we will be retired (I already am) and our income will be pensions ( both federal Gov) and investments such as they may be now. We have been guesstimating monthly/yearly expenses just so we can estimate what portion of our income will go for "camping" as Wife calls it and that we can maintain our "quality of life" Interesting.Pete on the "logistics" of fulltiming/We have been working on that for a couple of years..Making sure we can pay all our Bills on line, Insurance company that is nation wide..Switch to cell phone. geting nation wide gas credit cards.
We will get the satellite DSL, we already have Direct tv. Your collective information confirms a lot of what we thought might be correct. Again we will not sell our"stick house" never heard that term before,..Our Stick house is mostly brick.
Untill we are sure of what our fulltiming status will be. The longest we have been on the road is about 30 days or so..This year we will be gone the Month of July. Helen is all for fulltiming it is me that insist that we keep the house for a couple of year to see if we like it.There was a time (a few years) that my job required travel. I think I had enough airline miles to fly around the world several times.Been about everywhere..seen about everything.Helen will say..Oh lets go here..and I say..Oh..that's nice I've been there.She hates that.. I had travel burn out and said that If I never left Ohio again it would be ok with me. Helen in her Wisdom..says this will be different... She is right of course but I am still gun shy..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote