View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #75
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
UPDATE: Thanks for the comment Rich. I finally got a hold of Kristen via e-mail at Burlington Graphics and she sent me a link to purchase the graphics for $1250.00 plus shipping and installation. I had contacted them a year ago to see about replacing the ones that were falling off then, at that time they were willing to replace them for free. I placed the unit back in storage and forgot about the graphics all together. Maybe part of me was telling me to wait to see what would happen to the others, after a little more time. Time frame being April of 2010 when I made first contact. Now it is right at one year later and all of the graphics except maybe five stripes have started the falling off in various forms of progression from completely off to just starting.

Keystone has never returned contact to me as of this time about the problem by e-mail or by phone. I did talk to Kristen and she forwarded my call to Josh at BG, after talking to him he had me send in my photos and pursued the issue for me. Around 2 weeks ago I received a very kind but disappointing e-mail from Josh stating that they would not cover the problem. I could tell by the tone of his e-mail and time it took he felt very bad about the decision by upper management.

I do have a back up plan and will put it into place before I start my vacation in August. I am going to strip everything off the rig and have some custom stripes painted on like upper class rigs on the market today. I will NOT have anything that advertises the company Keystone or Montana put back on the rig. I figure that it will generate enough interest that people will ask what kind of rig it is and I will then tell them the short story of "DO NOT" purchase a Montana or Keystone product.

I have owned Keystone products in the past. One of them (early 1990's) I had to rewire the whole rig because they had all the polarities reversed. I have also owned other brands over the years and had very few problems to include Forest River. With that being said we still love the floor plan of our Monty and plan on keeping it for a while longer because we are not using it that much anymore. Maybe if Keystone didn't have such a corperate attitude when it comes to customers they would put out a better product.

I do know this and mark my words, as the word of mouth gets around, Keystone will loose in the long run. I have noticed with the economy that way it is we have had a number of RV dealerships close in our area and guess what.... Most of them had the lineup of Keystone products. We have been looking at going with a SOB toy hauler over the last year and most of the dealers that we have talked with got rid of their Keystone product because of quality problems over that last 10 years. If that doesn't say something for Keystone products then I am not sure what does.

As I transform our Monty to a new look I will post some photos for everyone to see. Also for those that wondered if the gel coat siding might be the problem. Our rig was special ordered with gel coat, dual-pain windows and almost everything that was availible to order in those days. We pretty much tried to upgrade our Montana to be like those 100,000 rigs to no avail and have learned an expensive lesson from that idea because it doesn't mean crap on a trade in or resale.

To those that have anymore questions feel free to e-mail me and again I would like to thank Josh at Burlington Graphics for trying so hard to do the right thing. Litigation with these guys will only cost us more than to hit them where it hurts the most. Put them out of business and those same managers will just find another RV name to destroy after all it is the American way now isn't it....

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote