View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
One thing that amazed me about New York, Massachusetts, up in those areas was how beautiful they were in the winter. Being from the Southwest, this is very foreign to me, but since I was only a visitor I did enjoy what I saw. The thing that amazed me the most is that houses are EVERYWHERE, but in Spring and Summer when all the trees have leaves you can't see them. That shocked me the most.

I love the buildings, the history and there's a LOT to do there. It also takes no time to go from place to place. I am not a lobster fan, but I have had my share, and the best lobster I have ever had was in Maine. Absolutely incredible, no fishy taste or smell and just melted in my mouth and I do not use that melted butter either - just phenomenal.

When we went to Martha's Vineyard for the day, we accidently ran into Michael J. Fox. Oops, poorly put, I shall clarify. We arrived at the island too early and nothing was open and the only map I had was something from about 1812 (got it from the hotel we were staying at). Needless to say it was out of date, not to scale and quite meaningless. On our drive around the island looking for the points of interest, I gave up and decided to ask for directions. I stopped by the first gentleman walking with his very young kids on their bikes and talked to him for about 5 minutes trying to understand his directions before I figured out who he was. What a day. I still have the picture DW took of us. He was very nice to us.

labmom - I hope you have some pictures to post. DW and I really miss those areas.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote