View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 07:16 AM   #7
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Hey to everyone-we are home now. Boston is so beautiful architecually and the Old North Church is still an active church. I would have loved to have attended a service there, which may be in the cards yet. Unfortunately, I tend to sleep late in the morning, unless we are on the move.
As for New York, it never stopped raining while we were in Boston, so we didn't go. Dave's daughter will be in school for another two years and even if she is not in school, we can go back ourselves. The underground trail is a breeze to travel on and his daughter gave us some idea of where we would want to get off to see what we want to.
I will have Dave read the posts regarding New York and maybe we can all go in the city when we go back. There is so much to do in Boston, and I knew that we didn't even touch on half of the neat things to do and see.
We did have a couple of interesting days. One day, we ate lunch in Maine, went into New Hampshire for Ice Cream and then back to Boston. Wow, three states in one fell swoop!!! We also went back into Maine to get fresh lobster for dinner for Dave and his cousin one night. I am not a lobster eater, so I ate pizza but it was a fun night. And, no the lobsters don't scream when you put them in the hot water.
Wayne and Earlene it was really nice getting to meet you. That was one of the other highlights of the trip! Again, I apologize for the pajamas. (You know what I mean).
We will be home for about two weeks and then down to Illinois for a couple of days, then back home again. In the meantime, it is good to be home. After the rig for 8 months and the two big labs, our small house feels like a palace and Beau is so happy that he can eat and then just go out the dog door without having to be tied or put on a leash. It is a real treat for him and for us as we don't have to walk them for awhile.
We went through three sets of Mountain ranges this trip, the most we have ever been through-the Berkshires, the Allegheneys, and the Poconos. Wow!!!
Gotta go help unpack a little more. We are just lightly unpacking as we will back on the road again in a couple of weeks.
Good to be home.
Betsy
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote