View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 11:56 AM   #16
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri M View Post
Frankly though, when we visited Europe, most of their refrigerators are quite small. They only shop for about three days of fresh food as opposed to Americans which shop for a week or more at a time. Maybe look at it that way and see it as a better way to eat healthier! I have a tendency to put way too much food in my fridge both at home and in the RV and then throw too much out. Often when RV'ing, we tend to eat out a bit more just trying the cuisine in different areas of the country and therefore I don't use in time, all that I have bought according to my weekly menus. I seriously need to learn to live more day to day and look for spontaneity. Maybe that should be my New Year's Resolution today as it is my birthday too! lol
Everyone is different but just so you understand, there are a lot of us who are full time staying in one spot (our RV has been parked for a year in same spot and is likely to be here for another 3-4 years). In those situations, the RV is your home and as such more room in a Fridge is not a luxury but essential. And just so you really get an idea of how we use a fridge, our sticks and bricks home back in Arkansas where we will retire to has 2 full sized refrigerators and 2 chest freezers. If we build the metal workshop I plan to we will have a third fridge in it.

We tend to buy meat in larger packages (or even 1/4 cow) and divide it up in vac and seal bags. Likewise we often have fairly good amount of wild game meat and fish. And then there is the feeder bread we buy for ducks and fish on our pond (shopping cart at a time).

We have learned to trim back and be more minimalist but it isn't by choice.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote