Thread: 2017 Superduty
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 09:20 AM   #73
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by dke1955 View Post
Have a 2017. Yes it is high in the rear. Stepped out of a DP, bought the F250 SRW PS to pull a 5er. I am a total newbie to the 5er situation. So in reading this post I see I did not know anything about the height of the truck bed vs. the 5er. I am looking at a Montana 3160RL, so question to those in the know...what do I NEED TO KNOW, when purchasing this 5er and using my truck? Will the bed height be an issue? If it is, is there a way to adjust for the height of the truck bed?...wow...here we go again....I spent hours and hours on the web when looking for my DP....don't mind the research...you learn so much..but I sure do get tired of the ...."well CRAP wish I had know that's!"...thanks for replies everyone...will pull the trigger soon...getting a different truck is not an option...and really love the 3160RL so trying to make this all work!
Tell the dealer, get it in writing, when you leave the truck/5er will be level. If they have to do nothing, adjust the pin box and or hitch or even block the 5er. My 2016 F350 needed nothing to pull my Cougar or the current Montana and both truck and Montana are level. It seems more likely with all 2017 model trucks there is the nose high problem. The longer the trailer the more pronounced at the rear.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote