Thread: Southern Maine
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 11:54 PM   #9
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
I agree with jcurtis934: if you're gonna be near Portland, you must get to Mt. Desert Island. Acadia and Bar Harbor are beautiful as is a trip around the island. Beautiful coastal scenery. On the other hand, Bayley's is much talked about as a destination up this way. I have never been there, so I don't know, but have to think all my friends that have wouldn't steer me wrong. It's been on the list for awhile, but whenever we head to Maine, it's usually Mt. Desert Island or Boothbay Harbor, another good destination. You might want to look into Pt. Sebago as well. That is in the southern part of the state, although not on the coast. I have been there and found it to be a very busy campground with a lot to do, if that's your thing. Another thing: Traveling through Mass., take Rt. 495 North off of Rt. 95 and avoid a lot of aggravation. It is more mileage, but much better, especially if you're towing. You can jump back onto 95 north of Boston, as was mentioned above. AND, if you take 495 north, only one exit up from Rt.95 is Rt. 1, where you would go to get to Foxboro and Gillette Stadium, home of the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots!

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote