View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #10
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
X2
Good advice from Dick.
Inspect it well and have an independent look at it prior to purchase to give you a warm fuzzy on the condition if you would feel better. The kingpin should be relatively inexpensive to replace. It's a key link when towing and should not be deformed (IMHO).
Welcome to the MOC!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Personally, I'd just inspect the rig for signs of failure and then jump right in. If the woodwork in the front cabinet is good and the seals on the front are solid, my opinion is that you're good. Remember there are something like 6,000 members on this forum and while the problems are something to be concerned about they aren't happening to everyone by any means. I would be more concerned about the lip over the king pin. Sounds like someone tried to hitch with the pin too low. If it's bent down you should replace it. If it's bent up you could probably get away with it, but I'd replace it anyway if it were mine.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote