View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:01 AM   #83
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
My wife won't let me have a hand gun. She, on the other hand has a Star 9mm w/15 rounds. She's also a much better shot with it than I am. We rarely carry it in the vehicle and when we do, it's usually not very accessable. Too worried about the over zellous Peace Officer if we get pulled over for something stupid. Also, we don't keep up on the differant states laws reguarding firearms in the vehicle. We would get consealed carry permits if theye were valid nation wide. We do carry the 9mm with us in the trailer everywhere we go.

My wife has taken out our other trailers by herself to go camping once or twice every year. She has found herself in a couple bad situations in campgrounds. Never had to pull the trigger or show the gun but had it within reach or in hand. She always has a round in the chamber. 5 HP / 5 FMJ / 5 HP. I've been planning on getting her some frangable rounds or Glasier Safty Slugs, but I have never seen any in the area shops. She is aware of the limits of the 9mm and it's hard for her to agree to change to differant ammo. However, safety of others is also a gun owners responsability.

Maybe one day she'll let me have my own hand gun, but for now she is comfortable protecting me. It's good to know you've got someone watching your back.
woodtic is offline   Reply With Quote