View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 10:35 AM   #37
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Sandy..Davenport ,Fla..our next door neighbors will be the disprik's. Cordele ,Ga to day...66 Degrees...outside the camper. Had a couple of hair raisers. In KY I-75 in heavy rain a idiot doing 80mpg or so came loose from the road and began to spin out of control in front of us. I remembered the words of my brother-in-law and race car driver who said when there is a spin out in front of you..steer straight and when you get to where he was..he won't be there any more.. I did that..it worked. Today on the Atlanta bypass.We were in the right lane of three lanes. I do not like to be in that lane because of bone heads entering and leaving the interstate but could not get over. Sure enough that lane stopped. In the first mico second I though "we are going to run over the little black car in front of us" and had no choice but to do a drop your socks stop..in the second micro second I wondered which way the 3400 was going to jack knife .. To the right berm I hoped and not into the left lane of traffic.. To my surprise..the truck and 3400 stayed absolutly stright and we stopped with out running over anything.My complements to Ford and the huge brakes on the dually and the Brake controller that fools the camper into thinking it has ABC brakes..it works.
And to T&C rv for the brake replacement using better quality brakes after the seals broke greasing my brakes.. I had 3400 brakes.

I have way more confidence in the stopping ability of this rig under the worst of circumstances. Other than that ..nice trip..we are 87.00 under budget due to lower than budgeted diesl prices.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote