View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #18
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjone9 View Post
Off of I 84 west bound is a State Camp ground Called Memaloose 12 miles west of city called The Dalles. 3 miles west of Exit 76 At Memaloose Rest Area - Leanne and I camp host there every year for a couple of Months. However that being said.. Its a nice stop over if your tired of driving for the day. A beautiful view of the Columbia river Gorge. Even if they are Full for the night they have some spots (DRY) they can put you in for one night just so you can get of the road to sleep and those are only $10 that's only of they are full. **Side note You will here some Muffled train noise and traffic noise from the Highway** They are no other Camp ground past this point on I-84 west bound that can accommodate these big boys. State Park Viento is to small and Ainsworth was to damaged from the Eagle Creek fires a few years ago and has still not recovered. Rooster rock is Day use only Park. After that you get into Portland area.
I noticed that Memaloose SP is only 30A electrical, Is that right? Also The say check in is 4PM. That is rather late in the day? I'd like to arrive 1-2PM if possible. Since I'm targeting a Monday night, if I have a reservation can I arrive earlier??