View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #9
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Your original question has been answered, it does not physically turn the handle, it works on pressure differential between the two tanks provided of course they are both on.

I have 40# tanks that have small gauges on them, they may not be 100% accurate but they sure tell me when the bottle is approaching empty, I never switch the lever from one to the other and have never run out of propane. The way I look at it is, if it is cold and my furnace is running quite a lot then I need to pay more attention to how much propane is in my tanks.

Look fella's we are retired, we don't have a lot of "stuff" to do and we walk past these tanks every day many times. How difficult is it to open the door and look at the gauge. If you have to get up and switch the bottle over or turn it on in the middle of the night, then a few of those episodes should eventually sink in.

My suggestion! buy a gauge for each tank, they are not expensive and come in various shapes n sizes.

Maybe we are getting to rely on technology too much and need to take responsibility for ensuring we have propane to keep the fires burning, or get a down comforter and just snuggle up till morning.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote