View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Don't discount the new sewer boom before you give it a try. I used to have sewer tubes slung under the rig to handle my sewer hose, fittings, and extra do-dads.

Now with the boom I am trying to adjust. Like RickR, I have a 10' Rhino hose, a clear connector on the end, and an end cap all of which fits nicely in the boom. I did change out the Rhino proprietary couplings in favor of the more standard bayonet type fittings. This allows me to use other hoses and fittings seamlessly (sometimes an airtight sewer connector to the drain won't work in older parks).
The only problem is residual liquid in the sewer lines which tends to migrate to the end of the hose as you travel. This leads to an unpleasant surprise the next time you hook to the sewer system if you aren't prepared. When I get home, I will do as KTManiac and add another valve at the end of the sewer pipe (at the point the hose connects) to eliminate the problem.

I have been on the road for several months now and stayed in a lot of places. The 10' hose setup has been adequate in every case. The boom does rotate 180 degrees on my rig. It is very quick to setup and easy to store. I do carry additional hose, fittings, etc. in a plastic box. If I need something unusual, it is quick and easy to find.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote