View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #12
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Gotta love when a manufacturer adds the cost of something many consider useless and new owners must spend some time or money getting it to work for them. I have an old unit with no boom and a LOT of sewer hose and supports so that it can go a long ways.

The worst campsite I was ever at, had about 60' between the water, electric and sewer hookups! The site was reserved way in advance and we were with other rig owners close by. It was the longest site in the campground but they had spanned the hookups along the site instead of having them in the middle like everywhere else. I was able to get the water and electric hooked up within 25' (I won't go longer than that for personal reasons), then dreaded that in a few days I'd have to hook up about 40' to get the sewer connected. But the next day the Class A left and the site remained empty for the rest of our stay, so I used the "other site's" sewer dump which was only about 15' away. Dumbest and only time I'd ever seen this, but it's on my pre-site checklist nowadays (Besides where they are and how far for connections, how far apart are all the hookups?) I can do 30' apart quite easily, anything longer than that and I can do it, but don't really want to.

A macerator system will eliminate this problem. Regardless, a sewer boom is not on my list. I like the sewer far apart from everything else (Water, electric, and coax are near the rear of the rig).
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote