View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Even if you had it turned off entirely while on the road, the electric (or gas) side should bring it back down to normal temperatures within a day. Or less, depending on ambient temperature. The temperature drop overnight is likely due to the ambient outside temperature dropping at night and maybe no direct sun on the back of the unit.

I see you've been in Illinois and you've probably had the same heat we had in Kansas. Our fridge acted up to the point frozen items were thawing, milk was not very cold, etc. At the advice of our dealer's service manager I went to Walmart and spent $6 for a 4-inch metal fan, 110v, plugged it in the outlet behind the outside refrigerator access panel and everything is great. I even had to drop the temperature setting to a warmer setting awhile back. Our compartment had just a single outlet and the fridge was plugged into that. It was situated where a 2 into 1 outlet wouldn't work. So I used a short, heavey power strip to plug both the fridge and fan into. I'd bet a fan in the rear would really make a difference for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote