View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #13
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Maybe 25 years ago we had a pop up and took a trip north of the border. We crossed at Thunder Bay area on the west end of Superior. The Canadian border guard saw my Florida tags and immediately asked if we had any mace. We laughed and said no, and really thought she was making a joke. Very sternly she advised us that EVERYONE from Florida has mace,and there would be the Devil to pay if we tried to slip it in. I'm sure she took our number and reported us. My DW is Canadian, and she could not believe it. Of course everyone knows Floridians don't carry mace...they just CARRY!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dam Worker

We had to give the wife pepper spay bottle to the queen years ago when going into Canada. It was on the confiscate list. Canada has some other laws that are not well known. Look up their rules pertaining to DWI's, felonies etc. Usually you can pay the queen a sum of money and be quickly put on the good list. LMAO.

I guess I will have to make sure there are no trace of weapons, ammo etc if I ever go up North again. We actually had our unit searched by the USA side on one trip. Probably less than five or ten minute delay but never the less you can not be there when they search your rig. My wife also had a very high security clearance which was probably a higher clearance than anybody at the crossing.

Good luck and maybe a phone call before you get there would help make everything go smoothly.

Tom Marty
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote