View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 08:06 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
I think a lot depends on you definition of full timing. If you live 6 months in one place in the rig and then move it south for the other 6 months, then I’m sure it’s cheaper. If you have a mortgage then that would factor in to your costs.

My idea of full timing would be to move often and see lots.

We have a regular house with no mortgage where we can park our rig in the driveway. If one of us has a health issue then we have a place to come home to. The place does not cost us much as we have acreage that we rent to a farmer. So for us it would make no sense to FT. If you are house poor then it might be a good option.
We are much like you. We have a house in Ohio no Mortgage. We have a lot in Florida and stay there 6 months of the year.The $$ we do not pay in Ohio Utilities for the 6 months we are not there in winters that can be brutal. Water, sewer, trash pickup, electric, gas off sets much of the cost of our winter stay. We have full hookup on our Ohio property for our Montana when there. We both worked seasonal at WDW a few days a week till this season .That income although small paid for the rest of our winter stay and added to our travel fund for the year. We do have the S&B here when we can no longer RV. For us the decision not to go full time was a good one for us. We have never crunched the numbers to determine which lifestyle is less expensive but it would be very close in our case.

I stopped working at WDW 2 seasons ago and Helen will not return this season . We each made about 4K per season Gross at WDW. The loss of my 4K did not affect our lifestyle nor will the loss of Helens income. We have built up enough travel savings for awhile. In effect the decreased utility $$ we did not spend in Ohio and the WDW income we both earned nearly paid for our winter stay and our year travel. What ever your RV lifestyle it is right for you and you can make it work
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote