View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 09:01 PM   #33
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikksen View Post
While we are really enjoying our 5th wheel the 6 point leveling system leaves a lot to be desired. It trips the breaker every time I try to level. Even with the front jacks. I suspect the battery is too small and the voltage is dropping. I think I might price a set of 6 volt tractor batteries to put in series and have plenty of current capacity at rated voltage.
The Ground Control 3.0 system? On the 2nd 5er with that system and never a problem. I've had 2 size 27 marine deep cycle batteries installed on both. The control panel will show the charge of the batteries. If they are going low a real battery cut off switch is needed, not the one that leaves many items drawing while off. Maybe your battery has a weak cell? Maybe a battery charger is needed if it sits too long. Water level always good? If the batteries have gone dead a few times they may not get fully charged or hold a charge. My neighbor runs the system on one size 27 deep cycle battery that he watches closely.
The CS number for LCI offers great advice. They may have an idea why the breaker is tripping!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote