Thread: LED Headlights
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 11:06 AM   #11
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
[QUOTE=mlh;1ls.

I’m on a F150 site, visit every day. I haven’t heard of this problem with the DD bulbs.
Lynwood[/QUOTE]

I dug into the Ford Truck Enthusiast site when I started with those codes and found that I wasn't alone though it was only a single post on a thread which with their current format can't find again, Removing the lights and using the Scan Gauge cleared all of them - 5 or 6 and haven't seen but one since and that one is the EGR cooler if I don't run the truck hard occasionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfmedik View Post
Question about LEDs from a southern guy. When/IF we get snow here, it is usually the wet/sticky kind that likes to stick to the fronts of moving vehicles very well. Standard headlights give off enough heat to melt the snow until it is an ice glaze which can still be seen and still provide you with light to see by. Now without the LEDs producing heat, how does that work? I've thought about changing my Ford headlights to LED, but still uncertain. The reason I ask is that in recent years every time it snows here it seems as I am on duty(paramedic) and the med unit LED lights we have all over the unit snow over and are not visible. Especially the front ones facing oncoming traffic. Just something I've pondered but haven't asked until now.

LEDs may put out enough heat where you live to keep the lens clear in a sloppy snow but it is quite a bit less then halogen/incandescents. Phillips and Sylvania make some very good high output halogens that will put out a great light beam and focused better, plus will for sure keep that headlight housing warm My luck with Phillps bulbs has been very good, Sylvanias - just hohum. Unless you like the blue color, take care of what lumen output you use, regarless of type.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote