Thread: Smoldering
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Smoldering

I am not really sure if we have a problem or not, but it is awful hot in here.

We are in Indianapolis for the Formula 1 race. The outside temperature is currently 91 degrees outside under the awning, there are no trees anywhere, but it is partly cloudy.

The air conditioning has been on since we arrived on Wednesday. It will cool down over night to under the 70 degrees that I have the AC set on by early morning. (I am not expecting the temp inside to remain that low during the day, it's just my attempt to start the day off as cool as possible.) By midday it was 86 degrees in here and of course the AC is not shutting off. That doesn't concern me, I have already read on here that is not a bad thing.

I do wonder though if our AC is working correctly or does it need a charge? We are only 6 degrees cooler in here than outside. I remember being in Montana a few years ago with hotter temps and it being much cooler inside. The AC didn't shut off either but the difference inside and out was greater.

Just in case it's relative the humidity outside is only 39%. We are also on a 30 amp circuit here and I don't know if that makes a difference?

I do feel cool air coming out of the ceiling ducts but it's no where near cold. We do not have a bedroom AC unit.

So, do I have something to be worried about?

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote