View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 11:10 PM   #42
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Would I buy again ~~~ after getting hosed by Heartland and 2 junkers by FR we bought a Cougar 5er. Maiden trip 700 miles from home the furnace was not working. I called Atwood, no dealer. Yes, I paid the service call but it was temp fixed the next day and completely fixed 2 days after. Next was a HC. We had 1 piece of trim cut too short (3/4") and a piece of crown molding come loose. I sent pictures to my dealer, they forwarded to Keystone and 2 weeks later repaired while I waited. Next Montana ~ never had a warranty claim or any out of pocket repairs. Current 2019 Montana 3791FL. We have only been in it 104 nights so far, will soon be leaving for 126 more. Only problem was the cap light and ODS flood light switches were transposed in the panel. I've purchased all 4 5ers from CW in Myrtle Beach. I have them do the work I or my mobile tech cannot. I have become friends with the sales manager, both parts guys know me by name. Two service writers also know me by name. When I need something like the aux fuel tank I order it and have it shipped to them so there are no shipping charges. When parts arrive, they call and I bring it in and wait, none of my units have had to stay overnight. I know 2 techs and ask when they will be available to do the work and make an appointment. The 4 had a PDI of between 2 and 4 hours and nothing has been found as they have a tech go over the units before delivery. There are 2 locations, 1 does sales and pdi / warranty work the other does warranty and non-warranty work. I cannot speak for all of their techs but the 2 I know are very good and have been there a while. I know of at least one that has not been there long and is working on his certifications. A lot depends on your dealer and your relationship with them.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote