View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #14
D2IKType
Established Member

M.O.C. #13220
Still here. I have continued to read the forum postings and see that MOC is very much alive and well. I also noted that the same "problems and difficulties" continue to crop up - especially for new owners. But fear not; it seems that there is always a member with a solution or a cohort that figures out a new one. The little beggar is playing games again. It was well into remission so we headed for Florida to pick up a new bus. Then, Maria happened. So, we went looking for a rental for my mother and sister to get them out of Puerto Rico. That turned out to be uneconomical so we bought a house instead. Not needing the big rig anymore, we decided to trade for a Tiffin Class C. A few days before we were to take delivery, the little beggar showed itself again. We cancelled the purchase and sold the rig outright to a dealer ($13K).

I almost expected something like this. This trip started with problems. We had a tire blow out (one of the 2014 replacements) as we got to Georgia. While waiting for road service we noticed that a tire on my wife's car had gone flat as well. State Farm's Road Ranger swapped out the spares and we drove to a garage at the next exit for new tires.
I was receiving maintenance and preventive treatment at Moffitt when the re-progression was noted. A quick return home and a consultation at Mass General corrected a misdiagnosis and avoided radical treatment. Just finished radiation treatment which seems to have stopped the disease for now. We are now at "watch and see". Since we now have a winter home, the plan is to get a small travel trailer for summer and see as much of North America as we can before all the borders are closed and we all need travel papers for domestic travel.
Enjoy your travels and Peace be with you.
D2IKType is offline   Reply With Quote