View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #16
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Michael and Camilla, I think HamRad was told they did not recommend it, but he was not given (I believe) reasons.
I have been doing HVAC and repair work for 35 years, I was a Machinist in the Navy working on Nukes and Diesel boats, and have 6 years of schooling in the trades. Based on my training, and experience, my 'take' on Keystone's recommendation is based on their warranty and legal requirements, they stated it was not recommended.
Furnace builders design a system, roll it out, then the 'Bean Counters' and Lawyers take a look at it, make design changes and suggestions, having nothing to do with the operation of the unit, and after that, if the system works, they roll it out.
The blower is a dual purpose blower, it is quite capable of handling the airflow. The Lawyers, 'Bean Counters', warranty department and engineers know people generally do not change filters, and systems fail. Therefore they don't endorse filters.
JMHO, but an informed one. I like clean air, filtered. But you must change the filter for proper operation.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote