View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
Frankenstien
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7274
Cracking Fiberglass

Would have posted a pic however our site has no provisions for that. I have the 3655fl (This is the upper living room model) and recently after a short trip of around a hundred or so miles I have developed a crack that runs 45deg front to rear from the bottom edge of the upper slide Drivers side. At current the crack is 3 inches in length and maybe .0010 of inch wide at its widest point. I marked the end of the crack, took the rig for a short drive, and noticed it has increased in length. I looked closely for frame cracks in the front storage compartment, in the basement area and road or main frame sections. In the basement area on the aluminum side of things, if I look very close I see what may be stress cracks at the welds. Note if these are cracks they are extremely fine. Not sure if anyone else has had similar issues, search revealed no hits, a modified search showed our one friend with the frame cracks that supported the outer wall. I have not as of yet removed the cover by the hitch to examine this area. any thought would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Frankenstien is offline   Reply With Quote