View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:19 AM   #42
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
The legend on our fuse panel in the bathroon is hand written. It is my current understanding that the reason that Keystone does not provide a wiring schematic is that the assmebly line workers are given considerable discretion as to how each unit is wired. Therefore any schematic provided by Keystone may not match how a given unit may be wired. There must be an overwhelming benefit to the factory for this because there are significant finacial negatives associated with this starting at the receiving dealer and ultimately us buyers. Think of how many ($100 per hour)hours dealers spend trying to figure out how a unit is actually wired. Keystone probably doesn't fully pay for this excessive labor expenditure under warranty as they have fixed repair rates. But I'm sure the dealers are more than hyappy to pass on that excessive labor charge to us when not under warranty. I know that in our most siginificant electrical failure, the loss of DC power to the entertainment center, there would have been several $100.00's of out of warranty labor charge to find where the loss of continuity had occurred and then spend 10 minutes to simply re-crimp a connector. Fortunately I was able to find and fix this myself.

Our dealer repeatedly has told us that Keystone depends on their dealers to be the final QC inspection point. If the dealer doesn't do that job effectively then it ends up in our lap.
Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote