Thread: Direct TV
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 09:14 AM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Cannot speak to tailgater. We do the old fashioned way. We take two Directv receivers out of the house. Plug the power cords in the wall, bedroom and living room. Turn on one receiver. Menu. Sat setup. Good instructions to follow. Plug in current zipcode. You get the azimuth and elevation settings. I set up our tripod portable dish. First set the azimuth with my trusty compass. Then set the elevation. Continue to follow the menu . Crank up the audible signal meter on the receiver. Two coax runs from the dish, one to the living room sat connection, one to the bedroom sat connection at the convenience center. Inside, coax from sat outlet to satellite in. Listening to the audible signal meter, fine tune the dish by gently adjusting dish for max signal, and tighten up. Finish the setup menu, and watch Directv. Takes me on average 10-15 minutes to set up. For snowbirding, I call directv and swing the local channels. For short trips, use the roof ant for local channels. My receivers are not HD.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote