Thread: Black tank info
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 10:57 PM   #109
sstaylor77

M.O.C. #29023
Pam? Furniture polish??

Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
Just replaced the seals and springs on the Sealand Model 210 John. Straight forward job...Very easy and the thing now does not leak>>. The culprit was mineral buildup.We spent last winter in the SW and this winter in South Central Florida. I had to scrape the deposits off with a knife.. Lime-a -way is a very good product to get that stuff off..melted it away. Got to find a way to keep those deposits down. Called the vendor to ask about maintinence..Silly me I still think the vendor knows more about the product than I do.. I have heard of using many things to lubricate the seals and all of them Vaseline, WD-40 anything with a petroleum base is NOT recommended. Again if we resort to reading the instruction manual it is all there. She suggested Pam or a furniture polish between the seals.

She??? Someone "in the know" told u to use Pam spray or spray furniture polish? On which seals? I have a 2006 Montana with two slide outs and I used Vaseline on the seals for the slide outs all the way around and it stopped them from leaking. I have no idea what the long-term effect of that will be but it worked like a charm for me. Just curious, I'm amazed at the amount of maintenance involved in RV life! Love all these people on this site, lots of information, no runaround, no talk to somebody else, love you guys!
sstaylor77 is offline   Reply With Quote