Thread: Delete kit
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 04:10 AM   #45
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi T Lightning, Mark A, mlh, and CaptnJohn

The material in the stop lines at an intersection that experiences heavy traffic is of a very thick and very slick material. They have problems with pedestrians slipping on it. Our 4 cylinder Malibu will slip the wheels as you cross them from a stop light not a lot but just enough that you can feel it.

The salesman was using this slick surface to get the wheel spin started then the truck has enough power to keep the spin going when it gets to good asphalt that normally give you good traction. This demonstration is quite impressive.

On the Interstates they use the same or similar type of material and the only explanation I have for the wheel slips I have experienced is that I may have had one set of wheel on that line.

Both wheel slipping incidents were with the Firestone TransForce tire that had about 40,000 miles on them. I change tires just as the wear bar begins to show. I get rite at 60,000 miles out of a set of tires. I operate the truck with the tire pressures at the door post pressures.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote