View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
Figit090
Established Member

M.O.C. #22423
My girlfriend and I are full-timing in a 35' 5th wheel

Hello!

My girlfriend and I decided to move into a fifth wheel because we have access to property that would be rent free and we wanted to save money for our future.

We purchased the 2003 Keystone Montana and we're really enjoying it so far after a couple weeks. We were blessed to find one in very good shape that was stored indoors so we're only dealing with the usual repairs and changes that one might do to an older RV.

We're almost done prepping its final parking place and sorted out the full-time sewage system and utilities.

in the future we plan to do some painting and general renovation to update the interior to make it more like a home. For now we're just sorting out issues. I've already repaired one grey tank and I think that we have a leak in our galley tank but it's nothing that we can't fix easily. it's actually nice taking apart the RV because I'm very interested in learning how things are built and now I understand where all the shortcomings are in Montana's construction techniques.

So far I'm pretty happy with the quality of Montana's RVs.

In the near future we plan to add additional insulation to the bottom of the RV and new insulation to replace the aged winterizing kit that was originally on the Rv.

I also hope to install heated floors at least in the bathroom area and possibly the rest of the RV for the colder days.

I have attached a couple basic pictures of the RV and then what I came up with for the full-time sewer hookup, over 30 feet away.

Currently we're hooked up about 30 feet away from the clean out but we're using 100 ft of 1' I.d. hose as our waste line. Everything is going well so far! Grey water bypass is nice, too. I replaced or water heater element, and the anode after cleaning it out and sanatizing the system. We've also replaced our lights with LED.

Next step is a fresh roof to make sure we're good for rainy season. Recommendations welcome! (New edpm or paint on coating?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180906_180149599.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	2295   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180906_180201092.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	388.6 KB
ID:	2296   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180906_180204275.jpg
Views:	69