View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #43
wade
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22358
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Hope I don’t get in trouble for mentioning other brands on here but it is very pertinent to this conversation!! Forgive me oh lords of the forum police!!

You won’t find a less expensive unit in the 380/381 floor plan than the Montana. Build quality is comparable to Forest River but a little lower than the much more expensive Grand Design (which has been bought out so build quality will now be questionable). New Horizons is in an entirely different league both in build quality, price plus at this point to get this floor plan from them it is a custom build $$$.

The biggest advantage to the 380/381 is the garage is longer than any of the competitors. If your hauling longer toys like kayaks, jet skis or side by sides it is the ONLY unit where they will fit (save a custom build of course).

With reasonable care you should get over 15 years of service from the Montana before you start to see serious deterioration and I’m sure there are units out there more than twice that old. Like ANY RV they don’t last forever and anyone buying one should have some good mechanical knowledge and expect occasional issues
I see above you commented that Grand Design has been bought out , do you happen to know by what company?
wade is offline   Reply With Quote