Thread: My Aunt-Tana
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #14
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I can speak for Bingo, and stupid moves are the mainstay of my experience. That is how we learn. We make the dumb mistakes, post them on the forum as a humbling measure, and do so in the hopes that others will not make the same stupid moves that we did!! Some of the things that I have done will rank up there with the best of them. I had a small landscaping job that I was doing for DW that involved a small waterfall fixture that we purchased at Lowes. As Paul Harvey would say the rest of the story is as follows. The project was put on hold since I had to purchase more bagged river pebbles so the waterfall was sitting in the yard and the grass needed mowed. You can see where this is going I am sure. Lawn mowers can do a number on electric cords!!! But through the experience of cutting the electric cord into pieces, I was able to learn about the applicability of liquid tape, a waterproof seal that helped me add a new section of cord to the fixture after splicing another cord and plug on with the old fashioned electrical tape. All is well now and the waterfall is operational. A stupid move but experience was gained from it nonetheless. And the best part, Bobby, is no instruction manual was required!!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote