Thread: Bedroom AC
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 05:30 PM   #19
DonMar
Established Member

M.O.C. #23826
Our living room AC is set to auto and I can hear the compressor go off, but the unit stays on. The bedroom unit (also set to auto) goes off when it reaches temp and no fan. I spoke to a gal at Keystone and here is what she said:

"A/C pulls 15-20 degrees of heat from air (if it’s 100 degrees inside it will cool the air to 80-85 degrees; compressor shuts down, fan will run and dry the coil and compressor will start again).
We do recommend 10 degree increments to start (100 degrees outside; set thermostat to 90 degrees inside; move the thermostat down to 80 degrees and so on).
If you have a dial type thermometer you can test your A/C by doing the following.

Put thermometer in the filter (which is on the intake side) turn unit on “high cool” get reading. Then go to the closest vent to the A/C and get that reading. If it is 15-20 degrees cooler than the outside temperature than your A/C is working as designed. If it is not then we ask for a dealership to contact Keystone with reading[/I] for review."

Hope this helps.
DonMar is offline   Reply With Quote