View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 05:53 AM   #5
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Our Frigidaire Convection/Microwave has been replaced twice under warranty. The first time because it was dented and caught during pre-delivery inspection. The second time was because it would come on all on it's own when plugging in after a trip. The third time we had a problem occurred while the unit was still under warranty but because we were not at home and could not contact Keystone until 2 weeks after the warranty was over they would not honor the warranty.
I contacted the supplier to Keystone and they authorized a repair by a local repairman and sent the parts to him. After installing the main board and fan there was no difference. The repairman pulled the "new" board out and put the old one back in, no difference of course.
As the "new" board was sitting on my counter I checked it and found a marker pointing to a component on the board, NOT a new board, I pointed this out to the repairman and he ordered another board. Finally an actual new board arrived and was installed and the microwave has worked fine since...BUT and a big but to your comment on quality control, the microwave came out of the rear support and dropped down enough to damage the adjacent cupboard and screw mounts. I had to lower the rear mount a full 1/4" in order to get the microwave to not only fit tightly against the overhead cupboard but to line up better with the rear exhaust. I am lucky it did not fall completely out and damage the stovetop or other items.

The microwave now fits properly, the cupboard has been repaired and replaced by myself but I never should have had to do any of that if it had been installed properly in the first place.

You certainly can take the vent cover off, I have taken mine off and painted it as it was yellowing. In fact I would encourage you to do that and see how the microwave lines up to the vent and ensure the metal sleeve at the fan is not loose and rattling around.

No one buying a RV should expect everything to be perfect, but there is such a lack of quality control across the RV industry and that is appalling.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote