Thread: Hearing aids
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 10:03 PM   #20
BucBuckeye
Established Member

M.O.C. #19690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmaster View Post
From the Oticon (I have the OPN1) website.......

Water-resistant (IP58)
Your hearing aids are water-resistant, which means they are designed to be worn in all daily life situations. So you don’t have to worry about sweat or getting wet in the rain. However, do not wear your hearing aids while showering or participating in water activities. Do not immerse your hearing aids in water or other liquids.

Dave
Thanks Dave, that answers that! I have a friend who wears his and although he wants to kayak with us, he's deathly afraid of overturning with his hearing aids in his ear.

I've been wondering if anyone makes an inexpensive sports model a pair he could use in-place of his hearing aids - like a pair of Nike/Beats bluetooth sports headsets...only instead of music, use them to amplify external voices/etc...?

I know they would not help him hear clearly, but at least he would be able to hear instructions while jet skiing/kayaking?

I have no clue whether this is realistic, nor do I know much about hearing aids in general (although all the work I did when I was younger around industrial furnaces probably will have me checking into them soon), I just noticed the topic and followed along thinking I could relay any information to my friend. He's a very active 80 year old - and my mother-in-law's new husband. He's a great guy, actually been working full time as a finish carpenter/grounds-keeper through this year - yep, very active, just not very internet-savvy.
BucBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote