View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #12
RoadRunnerTR21
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20746
Time for a update. Friday I sent a email to the manufacture's tech support folks but did not hear anything back. Yesterday I decided to pull the inverter and see if I could see anything. The first thing I noticed was that the installer did not install the washers properly. They put the washers between the battery wire and the inverter post plate. The second thing I noticed was that the inverter battery contact point was a little dirty. Not bad but just an observation. I did not see any inverter reset buttons or fuse. The inverter set on my desk until this morning when I went out to remount it. I cleaned the battery contact points and installed the washers correctly. Guess what? The darn thing works now. 13.6V in and 120V out. In theory, the washers should not have been the problem but....... Also the inverter metal plate where the post is located was not that dirty but...... I wish I had a more definitive reason for why the inverter to stop working but I don't. So for now I going to count this as a win and hope it does not stop working again.
RoadRunnerTR21 is offline   Reply With Quote