Thread: Atlanta Blowout
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Phil Eyler
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9197
Atlanta Blowout

I've joined the club. A Goodyear Marathon blowout damaged the side of my 2009 3400 while traveling on the Atlanta Bypass. I had planned on replacing the tires and rims when I returned to Indiana. I waited too long. I have a couple of questions for you experienced Montana owners. Did I read somewhere that Goodyear will help with damage caused by their Marathon blowouts? Also, where do you go to get bodywork done on a fifth-wheel?
I also have a warning for people who have or are thinking about getting Good Sams Road Service. After pulling over three lanes and getting my Monty off the road , we called Good Sams, explained our situation,gave the operator all our vital statistics, and waited for help. Good Sam sent out a young man in a car with a four-way tire wrench and a car jack to change the tire on my RV. Luckily a Georgia Road Hero (paid by the state ) showed up and did most of the work changing my tire. There was no way the Good Sams man could have changed my tire with the tools he brought. Needless to say, I'm not real thrilled with Good Sams. If you break down in Georgia call 511 and they'll come to your rescue for free and they have the correct equipment.
Phil Eyler is offline   Reply With Quote