Thread: Weight police
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 04:23 PM   #10
Oldharley
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21684
This would have been an overwhelming project if I hadn't had $60,000 worth of nuts, bolts, brass, truck parts etc in stock. Then having 6 full time diesel mechanics to help me when I got in over my head was amazing. I did all the work because I enjoy seeing how things work and then I have some idea of all the crazy things I did to the truck so if something stops working I have an idea if I caused it. I should also get a bachelor's degree from YouTube university. I dived into stuff my mechanics just never had a need to know. Such as how do I used the heated chair circuit in the fuse box when this truck didn't have heated seats. I had to track down a circuit diagram then had to get the correct electrical pin from Freightliner so I could insert it into the plug, add the fuse and add the relay. At least my parts guy could order me what I needed. Parts people don't know what to send you when you say that thing a ma jig that goes into the plug thingy. LOL.

On my current 2500 I found a 35 gallon tank off of a Sterling laying around the yard one day. It was the perfect size to put in the back of the 2500. Plumbed it into the fill neck, added a switch and a solenoid so that the fuel wouldn't siphon out and over fill the main tank. This gives me about 65 gallons which is heaven if you put on your trucker hat and just want to drive without stopping.
Oldharley is offline   Reply With Quote