View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
So the plastic shower surround is cracked and could let water in for mold to grow which is bad. You could try pushing on the Crack and injecting silicone chaulk as you push, work slowly down the Crack and see if you get a bead of squeeze out after you release pressure. If so, you could let that dry then razor trim surface bead. Somehow I doubt that will open the Crack enough to really seal it. So it is replace it or seal it from the backside with fiberglass window screen embedded in epoxy. Of course, to remove the surround requires taking everything (glass enclosure, faucet, etc) out in order to remove the surround. It is held in by plastic rivets and double sided tape, if like mine. The glass enclosure is one piece on mine, so getting it out of the bath can be a real chore. Bottom edges can scratch things so moving pads necessary. Or you can apply clear gorilla tape over the Crack and call it done.