Thread: Leaking Fridge
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
mikeandcarol
Established Member

M.O.C. #6655
Leaking Fridge

I thought I would throw this out for general info. I have a new Montana 2955RL. On a recent trip to Jacksonville Fla. we experanced a servere NorWester with winds up to 30mph and sideways rain. Suddenly we had a lot of water flooding the floor apparently coming from under the fridge. Over the course of the storm I figure 3 or 4 gallons flooded the interior. When the storm let up I pulled the cover/vent from outside of the fridge and noted the plywood under the fridge had an inch or so water trapped on top. The plywood was calked rather sloppy and made sort of a tray and wouldn't let the water that got past the cover/vent to drain outside and forced it into the interior. I pulled all the original calk out and recalked and feathered it so the water would drain through the drain holes in the bottom of the cover/vent. I'm not pleased with the cover/vent design and am looking into purchasing or making a better cover. If someone has a suggestion I'm sure open to it. I suggest everyone check their fridge's external cover/vent and plywood base and make sure the water will drain properly.
mikeandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote